Friday, January 29, 2010
Twentynine - Friday!
I usually wake up at five, have some breakfast, and catch the train to work which takes a hour with one transfer. Most days it is quite busy, and when it is the first leg of the journey, which is only ten minutes, it is so packed that I don't bother to take a seat but rather stand in the aisle by the door with hoards of other people. The second leg is usually dominated by noisy school kids who seem do board in drove upon drove at every other stop and who are either playing games, listing to their music on their cell phone speakers (why do people have to listen to crappy music on even crappier speakers?!? get headphones please!), and laced up on faux Redbull energy drinks. These kids are all of 8, 10, 12 mobbing ever body's unadulterated silence. Anyway, it was friday, and for some reason, the same train I normally take was completely empty. It was still early enough to make it feel like two in the morning, and I was probably just as tired. But the Friday train ride to work was fantastic for some reason. Maybe because I was the only one on the train, or maybe I knew it was the last day of a seemingly long week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment