Saturday, January 2, 2010
Day Two – Transaction Shi…
I think part of the reason online transactions are not as popular as they were expected to be is because of how complicated it has become. I can go into a brick-and-mortar and pay with cash, card, or check in some places, but online you have all these third party verifications, like Saferpay, Verisign, 3D Secure, which can be a real pain in the… or a deterrent to order something simple which you don’t need in the next 24 to 48 hours. These third party services sometimes over complicates a 30 or 40 dollar transaction and wastes time, by requiring all the data the second party would need anyway, but just going through a more extensive infrastructure which the second party isn’t willing to setup for the customer convenience, but will still charge you a fee to use. I get it though; I don’t want some zero-hacker-net-tool taking my data to buy crap they don’t need with my money. Whatever, looks like I have to go to another store to get what I need, there goes convenience, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment