Friday, January 1, 2010

Day One - Blog Start – Resolution Experiment

I thought about what to Diablog for day one. Maybe it’s too much self pressurization to be poignant on the first day of the Diablog 365 experiment.

I thought I should Diablog about this kid on the bus on our way back from Ikea. He was driving me crazy, and was all up in my son’s grill with his fingers in my son’s mouth. We kept pushing his arms away, and for a minute we thought he was a bit special. He was about 4 or 5, but still should have known better than to put his hands in the mouths of other kids. All we could do was move our stroller a few inches away. I need to teach my son how to bite other kids, because this kids’ mom wasn’t doing much on the discipline front.

Then I thought maybe I should Diablog about New Year’s resolutions, which this blog is, in a way, but more of an experiment. This is an attempt at the experiment in the one-blog-a-day test on socially distinctive interactions which all of us have on a daily basis, whether it be at home, with friends, at work, commuting, buying things at the store, being a foreigner (or local), watching the news, or overhearing another’s conversation. Even with reflecting on past issues and occurrences, conjuring up future ones, and dealing with the present, the Diablog is just this, a personal dialogue on one issue a day.
Let’s see how this goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment