Sunday, January 3, 2010

3 - Positivism

The conversation about my Diablog occurred today with my wife. She brought up a good point about maintaining a relatively positive and upbeat tone throughout the Diablog experiment. I do not want to post anything that I am not willing to say to someone’s face, or have a rationally constructive debate with. Although I cannot guarantee that all posts may be positive, I can, in the process of Diablogging, retain the deliberation to resist negative connotations. Typically, negativity can make for a more dramatic or interesting story, but perhaps a positive spin could be used, I am not sure if this is possible, but I will have to try this. In reality, I do not wish to turn this into “the daily rant,” “a diary of mental venting” on the daily crap that can be just that from time to time, nor is this a “diurnal psychology session.” However, in an attempt to maintain the overall positivity of the Diablog, I will begin to post with a positive, neutral or negative label, which will appear in the margin tallied. We’ll see how the score goes…

No comments:

Post a Comment