Monday, March 8, 2010
Sixtyfour - Train à Grande Vitesse
This Friday I took the day off to have a long weekend in Paris. This was our fist trip to Paris, and we decided to go by train. It really didn't seem fast until we between Strasbourg and Paris, and even between Nancy and Paris is where it really started to kick ass. But despite the "High-Speed" attraction, I really felt that the overall speed was somewhat average. I have been to Japan several times, where they have dedicated Shinkasnen lines with no rail crossings. I believe the construct in Japan gives an overall point-to-point high-speed, and gives you the feel that you are really covering a lot of ground for the price you are paying. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't disappointed with the train, it was a quick way to travel to Paris, but I still think the high-speed was a little over sold.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment