Sunday, March 28, 2010
Eightyseven – Right is not Right
My wife and I got into some heavy conversations today about the state of the US. The depth of the trouble is far beyond the economic depression which most people would not go so far to say. The discussion mainly focused around the sale of our house, the work contractors have performed on it, including their lack of professionalism in completing the job, the lack of respect of other peoples property, not just with our house as a rental property but for rentals in general, the changes in political landscape which creates a further rift between the left and right primarily and currently driven and fueled by “tea parties” and the likes of Fox News, and the overall lack of compassion, lack of respect, and outright discrimination that takes place by bigoted right extremists. We were quite impassioned by the discussion to the point we were border-line arguing with each other whether or not to let go of some of the issues and what it means to “let it go.” She always knows the right medicine, because she told me (with kind persuasion) to go for a run. Perhaps my internal rage was fueled by the screams embedded in the slaughtered flesh of the bacon I had for breakfast. I ran, and kept running. I was saddened by the dead pig and for the dying society. I felt the burden of the degrading US society, anesthetized by the solitude of rationality in my mind as if I were the only person to figure this out. I cannot be the only one to see this. The depth of this mentality in the US is frightening; the land where “I’m right” and freedom is interpreted as “free to do whatever the hell I want” up to and including infringement of other peoples rights (perceived or constitutionalized). Hypocritical are those who seek congregations of the like minded and whose beliefs of wholesomeness catalyze the demise of others. There is no leeway in the flippant minds of the self-assured, who enslave others by their rigor of values which only serves to propagate tragic social divides further into disrepair. Acceptance, tolerance, respect, and genuine caring about other people, are the only possibilities to reverse this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment