Saturday, March 27, 2010

Eightyfive - Integratitousness

Today I took the day off to go get my passport renewed. I swear the security was tighter than Fort Knox, though I've never been. Anyone with a hand bag, purse, or man pouch, was turned away, and only one person through the security screen was let through at a time. I planned to have all my coins and phone etc. contained in my jacket for a separate scan, but that was quickly overturned, and resulted in my pulling everything out of my pockets which would have been scanned separately anyway. So, once at the second check point, I had proceeded to do everything as instructed (in German) and then the guy told me to go "Links" (Left). But that was the line for all the people seeking visa's, so I went right to get me passport renewed. The guy called me back since I didn't obey, but I turned and showed him my passport. I guess, my little bit of German and understanding his commands made him assume I was someone else. Awesome, now if I could just be fluent.

No comments:

Post a Comment