Tuesday, February 16, 2010
Fourtyseven - TOMS
Train wrecks in Belgium, Death during Olympics, and countless other depressing and tragic things in the news, I thought I would dedicate this post to some outright positivity. My wife pointed out to me this small company with a simple plan: One to One. It means for every single pair of shoes you buy, one pair is donated to a child in a less fortunate area in third world countries. This is a beautiful message, which all businesses could learn from. You see, it puts people ahead of profit. It says, I don't need a bigger house, a faster car, or more of what I don't need. I says "I give a shit!" (NOT a direct quote from the company) It says, "I want to do good," and there is a way we can all benefit if we stick together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment