Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fiftyfour - Werk, Part 2

So much of my time now is consumed with cleaning up other peoples messes. I feel like I am constantly following these people around at work with handfuls of toilet paper. I have come to the realization that some people do what they what and when forced to work on something which depends on them, they put forth the least amount of effort, cutting the shortest distance from point A to point B, and sweep it under the rug. Then when the issue rears its ugly head, and you need to ask these people what they have done, there is a dodge and flood tactic which causes you to chase them down until they respond. They then try to defer it to others, make up a story with several tangents, and then flood you with excessive information which is somehow not related to answering the issue you have raised, thereby creating more work for yourself so they can go about doing what they want to do, which, lets face it, amounts to very little and is non-participatory in getting the job done. I don't know how these people exist in companies, I am really curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment